Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"..there was a woman who loved me deeply.."

It moves one’s heart to think:

Nine months before I was born
there was a woman who loved me deeply.
She did not know what I was going to be like,
but she loved me because she carried me in her womb.
And when she gave me birth,
she took me in her arms
because her love was not just beginning –
she conceived it along with me.
A mother loves –and that is why abortion is so abhorrent:
A mother who aborts is unfaithful to the love that she should have(like God in eternity) before her child is born.

                                    Oscar Romero, the martyred Archbishop of San Salvador

Pro-Life resource here

2 comments:

Ashley Pelletier said...

What a beautiful and inspiring message Paul. God bless you Brother!

asia said...

Touching words for all women! God bless you.

Site Meter